|Home||Resources||VIN Consultant||EPA info||Contact|
|Trailer Manufacturing License||Off-Road Vehicles||Low Speed Vehicles (LSVs/NEVs)||VIN Labels Info||State Licenses & DMV info||Motorcycle Frame & Motorcycle Kit Building Licenses|
|Info on MCOs & MSOs||MCO & MSO Forms|
VIN AND TITLING SERVICE FOR HOMEMADE MOTORCYCLES
GET A 17 DIGIT VIN NUMBER AND MCO FOR YOUR HOMEBUILT MOTORCYCLE, BIKE, CHOPPER OR TRIKE
If you have built a homemade motorcycle, bike, chopper, or trike or you have an old chopper, bike, or trike with no VIN number or title and need to get a VIN number and title, we can help.
As long as you can show that you actually built the motorcycle and that the motorcycle is up to current safety equipment standards we can assign a 17 digit manufacturer VIN number and label and MCO/MSO so that you can get a title and registration on your homebuilt motorcycle without special construction hassles and the short, low-value state-issued vehicle numbers.
State-issued vehicle numbers are short (less than 17 digits), and are undesirable because the motorcycle can be difficult to insure, to transfer, etc. Many states do not recognize or accept special construction numbers and they can even confiscate bikes with special construction numbers as "suspicious" and you do NOT need or want those hassles.
NO INSPECTION!!! Since your motorcycle will now be a manufactured motorcycle with a valid 17 digit VIN number, you will NOT have ANY of the special construction hassles and headaches....
... NO INSPECTION, NO taking a bunch of receipts to the DMV, ... NOTHING.
This service with 17 digit manufacturer VIN number, VIN label for the bike neck/frame, and MCO (manufacturers title) is $1000 and it will make a world of difference in the value of your project bike or trike.
In many states special construction processes for state-issued number on bikes and trikes are no longer an option or are very difficult.
Also the state-issued special construction numbers (usually only 10 to 14 digits long) greatly reduce the value of your motorcycle. These state-issued numbers make choppers, motorcycles, bikes and trikes hard to title, transfer, register, sell, insure or finance.
This service with 17 digit manufacturer VIN number, VIN label for the bike neck/frame, and an MCO (manufacturers title) is GUARANTEED, and it will make a world of difference in the value of your project bike.
I can issue a 17 digit manufacturers VIN number , VIN label, MCO (manufacturers title), "bill-of-sale" for purchase of motorcycle, odometer statement, .... everything you need to title and reg from your state.
You will then have a manufactured (NOT home-built) motorcycle with a 17 digit VIN and everything!!!!!!
Your state DMV will probably charge you a sales tax on the bike based on the "price" we put on your "bill-of-sale" for buying the bike from me. You might not want a high price in order to keep the sales tax down that they charge you down, but obviously a ridiculously low price will not be accepted by them....
FYI re odometer statement. You do not need an odometer device .... but you will probably need an "odometer statement" at DMV... I usually just put down something low like 12 miles.
Let me know if you're interested.
Here is the info I need
1) a few photos of the bike/trike
2) scans of receipts & mso’s - mostly need the MSO for for the frame and engine
3) type of motorcycle - chopper, bagger, bobber, trike etc.
4) A) Number of cylinders B) engine displacement - C) engine horsepower (approximate)
5) bike color
6) tire and rim sizes (front/rear)
7) Buyer name, address, phone number
8) price you want on the "receipt" - I will need to get you a receipt for purchasing the bike from my company - you will need that at the DMV along with the MCO. To issue a state title your DMV will charge you a title fee of course but they will probably also charge you sales tax based on the receipt price as well. So you may want the receipt to state a low price to keep the sales tax low but it can't be ridiculously low - maybe 4 or 5 k minimum.
9) Shipping address and phone number for FedEx. . . Payment is through PayPal and they insist that for expensive purchases, the delivery be SIGNED FOR and ONLY shipped to the PAYPAL-PROVIDED ADDRESS so be sure to get me a good address on the actual payment and phone number for FedEx delivery with signature required. Let me know if there are particular days that delivery would be better or worse. I will get you a shipping notice email so you will know exactly what day and time range.
I do guarantee you will be able to get a title. I have never had to make good on that guarantee but... if - for some reason - your DMV will not issue a title, etc after all of this, just return the MCO (use a trackable service) and once I get it back I will refund your money 100 % ... Again, I've never had to make good on that but at the cost it is a very proper thing to do.
Motorcycle Manufacturer Licensing Main Page
Motorcycle Manufacturing Licensing Resource Page
Kelley Blue Book information for motorcycle manufacturers
Trailer manufacturer license agency
Buying VIN numbers - Issuing VIN numbers
Sitemap in HTML
Sitemap in Text
Special Construction Process - Florida
Vehicle Manufacturing Licensing Blog